Sunday, September 12, 2010

chapter 3 reflection

I really loved Brian Croby's TEDx talk presentation. The children in his classroom looked as if they were enjoying the leaning process in science, writing and reading with the use of technology. It does seem like we are rushing the kids along with learning instead of teaching them to think outside the box. We put so much emphasis on teaching for standardized tesing. I don't think test resuts necessarly indicate academics achievement with a student or reflect how well a teacher teaches. There are many factors within students which can show up on how well a student does on a test.
Chapter 3 had a lot of imformation which enlighton me about the many learning styles and matching it with a learning enviroment to meet the needs of students academics. I was a little overwhem with all the information in the chapter. I know being flexiable is important to students with needs.
I did see how the DID model is necessary in guiding you through your elements of instruction.

1 comment:

  1. Do you see the same type of "rushing" taking place in college too? I realize there is an expectation of learning being done outside of the classroom, do the classes you take seem to foster this or do you feel you are just using your time like an outside study hall?

    ReplyDelete