Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter 2

In Chapter 2 the book talks about the key theorists and their differences.  It was interesting to read about the all their views on the characteristics behavior, skills and response to learning.  I agree with Howard Gardner on his theory of multiple intelligences.  I believe there is more to understanding a student then through an IQ test.  I can see it in my own children.  Our oldest daughter had spatial intelligence where she advance in her artistic abilities, the middle daughter has interpersonal intelligence which helped her understand why things affected her and others. The baby of the family our son is a strong body-kinesthetic intelligence.  He is very athletic.  I feel teaching is a holistic systems approach to meaningful learning.  Technology is a way to support learning and teaching.     
Is It Okay to Be a Technology Illiterate Teacher?  No, it is not okay to be an illiterate teacher.  It
is important to keep up with the new and advance technology in teaching.  Sometimes technology can present a more effective way for a student to understand a concept. An example might be a science lesson about cells and the teacher can use a DVD to show a visual view of the concept. I can see how technology enhances the way a teacher brings the information students. 

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate you making the connection between the reading and your own children. Being aware of their strengths and weaknesses can really help you understand when they struggle in school. Good thing to remember as a teacher as well, parents often can help give you a lot of vital information about their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments......I really do appreciate them. I can see you have a good connection with your students. To bad I didn't have the same connection with my teachers while growing up.....

    ReplyDelete