Monday, October 25, 2010

chapter 8...blog, blog, blog

I always enjoy listening to the Ted Talks in class.  I like how you share your different points of view in class.  This past week has been very with school and college.  I have been a little more stress lately because of the big change in my life.  Plus it has been hard for me to concentrate, my mind is thinking all the time.  Could this be because of the unknown, more responsibility, on top of it will I be able to make it on my salary?  I think women just naturally think a lot, along with the worrying thing.   The second mortgage has to be paid off by the end of this year which will exhaust a large portion of money I have left in the bank.  I know I am going to make it, I just have to keep telling myself.  The big lesson I have learned from this experience is you never know what is going to happen from day to day.  You don't always have a warning before tragedy will strikes. To make sure you have enough life insurance to cover your house and other expenses.  At my age I do not qualify for survivor's benefit. because my children are to old and I am not at retirement age, nor will I be for a long time.  That is not fair especially if a women has never work outside the home.  They could lose everything they worked so hard to get. Sometimes the unknown is scary and exciting at the same time.  I am so grateful for each day of my life and the following days to come. I have been following three blogs of women who stay home with their young children.  Two are former teachers I have worked with at W.R.  The one teacher is living in Florida and the other is in Bella Vista.  Cassie the one in Florida talks about how crazy her life is with three little boys at home.  She talks about cleaning her house all the time and get together with other couples who have  small children too.  Susan the one in Bella Vista just found out her little boy has MS.  She talks about the difficulty and gets excited about the process he is making toward his goals.  The other girl has five children and writes articles for a parent magazine. The two other blogs I follow is the American Diabetes Association which keeps me posted on the happenings with the association.  Then the last blog is of course Ms. Mimi.  I love her frankness about teaching.  I have learned a lot in this class by listening to others comments or  points of view.  I love reading Shelli's blog because of her expressive language.  I would love to have a gift of writing like hers.  Writing my thoughts down come extremely hard for me.  I would like it to flow smoother when I write which is not the cause for me.  Maybe I am just plain insecure about my writing.    bye for now

7 comments:

  1. I think it is important that you find the support that you need and I hope that the blogs you follow will help you in some way. As a teacher I find myself thinking much more about education than other things. I really don't follow any blogs that deal with things outside of that arena, but I do get different types of information through different content avenues like podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the guide lines of what to post on a blog? It seems like most people post their views. Are blogs where you should air your feelings??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog is very good and you are doing a great job at writing it. I also think you are a wonderful person and you are doing great helping your children. I believe all the rest will work out, I have faith in you. Just go one day at a time. I am always available if you need to talk.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....thank you so much Kellie!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon--I think you are doing great. Katy and I both admire you very much! You are the definition of a genuinely kind person and I am so glad I got to meet you. Don't underestimate yourself. You are a role model for strong women!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, blogs are what you want them to be. Some feel more free to share their feelings online than others. It isn't good or bad, just the way it is. I read blogs that only give information, but I enjoy blogs where people explain their thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, you are such a nice person, and you will make an excellent teacher. Any student that comes into your classroom will be very lucky! I know you will do very well and succeed in this career, even if it seems difficult right now. it will be worth it in the end! Just keep praying for the strength to get through the challenging times and remember how rewarding it will be to go to school everyday and see the children in your classroom smile and so excited to learn with you. You really will touch their lives, and I bet a few will touch yours too :)

    ReplyDelete